Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going Back To Work.....


For those of you who don't know I am a nurse. I work full time at the hospital. When I had Orvil I was allowed 12 weeks off. That lovely little break sadly came to an end today. I had to return to work ... and boy was it hard. I work 3 twelve hour shifts a week. For those of you who have ever worked 12 hour shifts, you know that 12 hours is a really long time and it can be really hard.... well add new baby, no sleep, and the new found aches and pains of a postpartum body to that, and you have one really tired person. Yeah those first couple of weeks back to work I was pretty much exhausted and somewhat zombie like. Included is a picture Tj or "Dad" took of Orvil and I after a long day at work. As you can see we really missed each other, and we were content to just snuggle up together and go to sleep. After our long days without eachother all I wanted to do when I got home was hold my little squirty (my current nick-name for Orvil.) I totally have so much more respect for working mom's now.

No comments: